Furnace Service - Available 24 Hours
When your furnace stops working, several issues can arise – especially during cold weather months. In addition to the discomfort of feeling ice cold inside your own home, there is the possibility of your pipes freezing and bursting. That is why Shanks is available around the clock – even on weekends and holidays. We know furnace emergencies do not necessarily occur at convenient hours. When you need professional assistance the most, our team of technicians is on standby to help.
Compressor Running Constantly (Short Cycling)
- Heaters that are too powerful for your ductwork
- Unevenly distributed or obstructed vents
- An overheated thermostat
- A dirty air filter restricting airflow
- Condensate switch defects
- A corroded flame sensor
Failing to regularly maintain your heater will heighten the chances of short-cycling issues. That’s why it’s wise to invest in regular maintenance.
Poor Air Quality
Your heater’s air filter can significantly improve air quality: blocking airborne pollutants and contaminants before they can enter your heating system, air ducts, and home. We recommend replacing your air filter every one to three months. This will mitigate your exposure to irritants and allergens and make your heater more energy efficient.
Another pro tip is upgrading to a higher quality air filter that can trap smaller contaminants, resulting in healthier air. Top-quality filters are rated by MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value). Consult with our HVAC specialists to see what air filters are compatible with your system.
Carbon Monoxide Detection
Heaters that use natural gas, propane, or oil are vulnerable to carbon monoxide (CO) gas leaks. CO is colorless, odorless, and potentially deadly. Other symptoms of exposure to carbon monoxide include shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, nausea, mental confusion, vomiting, decreased muscle coordination, heart/brain damage, and loss of consciousness.
If you have a combustion heater, take this wise precaution: Have a professional install a carbon monoxide detector right away. A carbon monoxide detector will trigger an alert when toxic gases are present. Should this alarm sound, turn off the unit, ventilate your home, and call a professional immediately.
Inexplicable Cost Increase in Energy Bills
Call our heater repair pros for help at (816) 258-2056 for help right now. Shanks is ready to help you immediately.
What Causes Your Heater to Stop Working Properly?
- A dirty blower can cause equipment failure. When insufficient air blows across a heat exchange, it can overheat and fail.
- Dirty air filters can restrict airflow and cause short cycling.
- A dirty flame sensor covered in gunk can turn off your heater by failing to sense the flame.
- Dirty burners can have trouble lighting.
- Wiring and electrical issues can cause breakdowns.
Should I Call a Heater Repair Technician or Try to Fix the Problem Myself?
For minor issues and simple maintenance tasks such as replacing an air filter, DIY solutions are viable. At the same time, many heater malfunctions require professional expertise. This is especially true when installing or repairing gas or oil heaters where a single error can cause dangerous carbon monoxide leaks. By choosing Shanks, you’ll get trained, insured, and experienced HVAC pros.
How Much Does a Heating Repair Cost?
Should I Repair or Replace My Heater?
- Your heat pump is over 10 years old
- Your boiler, furnace, or gas heater is over 15 years old
- Your unit is unevenly or inadequately heating your home
- Your system is outdated and incurring high energy bills
- You lack a programmable thermostat
- Your heater needs frequent repairs
- Your system is exacerbating humidity levels and poor indoor air quality
What Is the Average Life Span of a Heating System?
Call (816) 258-2056 to find a heater repair technician near you. We answer calls 24/7, and emergency heater repair is available under certain circumstances.
Signs it's Time to Buy a New Heater
Repairs Get Too Frequent and Too Costly
An Older Unit
High Energy Costs
If your heating system leaks, overheats, short cycles, or performs at subpar levels, monthly utility bills can quickly get ugly. Fortunately, our preventative maintenance program can help. Shanks Heating & Air Conditioning is staffed with knowledgeable HVAC specialists who can clean, repair, and upgrade your unit to optimize efficiency.
Other Heating Services
Heater Replacement & Installation
Shanks Heating & Air Conditioning is one of the most trusted HVAC companies in the country for many reasons. Our loyal customers appreciate our focus on:
Highly Trained and Experienced Technicians
We proudly stand behind the quality of work we deliver. Each Shanks employee loyally adheres to a strict code of ethics that emphasizes courteousness, treating customers respectfully, and providing straightforward advice and upfront prices. Fully certified, vetted with background checks, and constantly enrolled in continuing HVAC education courses, our team is ready to take on any challenge.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Steps to Troubleshoot Common Heating Problems Before Calling for Repair
- Clean/replace the air filter
- Check your thermostat’s batteries and connectivity
- Inspect your heater’s condenser for debris
- Check the pilot light and burners
- Double-check all vents and registers
- Check for blown fuses or tripped breakers
- Fasten the access panel
- Contact a qualified Shanks Heating & Air Conditioning Specialist
Our Heating Service Experts Won’t Leave You in the Cold. Call Today at (816) 258-2056
For heating repair services in your area, call (816) 258-2056 or contact us online to request an appointment today!